11 January 2010

My Father Won the Second Prize in a Hong Kong Lucky Draw

He was extremely exhilarated when he told me that!
In my heart : Scam

Fish Leong, 梁静如, attended the event and hand out the prize
Too bad i wasn't there

It was around S$100k! (Din bother to remember)
Scam

We need to pay 5% deposit rate, as part of tax payment.
SCAM!


Staying at home have deprived me of some entertainment which i decided to have entertainment at their expense.

Called their number which was a hong kong number. No point me posting the number here, since they are not going to use it for long. I do not wish to post the number of some innocent fellow who might use the number in the future.

I did not have a rich experience, like kenny (see below), when interacting with them. They pretend to be ignorance when i told them i want to send the money over.

Me : Hi, i speak to miss X
Them : No such person

I was kinda depressed at this point as my entertainment was killed off even before it started. No details were extracted from them, as i was calling as a son. Maybe i should have impersonal my dad instead.


Chinese people really have great brains. They did minor tweaks to the nigerian scams. Instead of millions from some unknown dead colonel who has died without any next of kin, now they modify the scam to a lottery scam. They as chinese know that chinese are suckers when it came to gambling, or something that relies on luck.

They know how to earn money by adapting themselves to almost any situation. I am proud to be a chinese. lol


Some interesting blog spot about such hong kong lucky draw scam
I had a good laugh over that


http://shimworld.wordpress.com/2007/11/21/hong-kong-scam-alert/

http://saltwetfish.wordpress.com/2009/10/22/hong-kong-price-money-phone-scam/

The site below are general tips to prevent yourself from getting into such fraud scam cases
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3898

Additional resources



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and share with the world
Bookmark and Share