24 May 2009

Useless Blogspot "Next blog" function


Saw the navigation bar while logging into your blog account or while navigating through my blog?
If not, scroll to the top and you will see it.

Does the "Next blog" function serves you well? Its main function is to bring you to another blog for blog surfers like you and me.
I have totally no complains about the that. but i have an issue with the blogs it brings me to.

1st - language
i totally do not understand most of the blogs the navigation bar "Next blog" function brings me to. Other than english, chinese, and probably some hokkien, the rest of the languages are illegible to me.

I believe google, being google, will certainly have some information about me such as my languages. I am always log in to google when i surf.

Its not that bad if every 1 out of 2 blogs are not in english. I fine with that. But with an estimation of every 5 blogs out of 7 being non english. Naturally, human will feel fraustrated!

Probably if any google employees read this, they could have improve with the languages settings, that will do us, readers a big favour by implementing this into blogspot navigation bar "next blog" function.



2nd - Repeated Blogs
Are there only these 50 blogs or 100 blogs in blogspot database that are listed? Out of 10 clicks on the "Next blog", out of 3 are repetitive.

As per above image, by default, all blogs created under blogger are set to "allowed listing"

With millions, if not billions, i believe 30% to re-read a blog pretty high. With such luck, i could have bet in the US Lottery, i believe my chance is extremely high =D
Some US resident please buy the ticket for me. We share 50/50 each =D



Any of such issues faced by you? or is it such only me?

1 comment:

  1. same thing happens to me all the time. i want a language button.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and share with the world
Bookmark and Share